If you have questions concerning the data protection, please contact us on normal working days from 09:00-16:00 o’clock by telephone +45 70 277 887 or by mail: email@example.com.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Access MIIEGO.com website (including local and regional sites – miiego.se and miiego.nl to a limited extent),
- Buy products at the MIIEGO.com website (including local subpages limited extent),
- Engage with our International Facebook / Instagram account (MIIEGO/MIIEGOSPORT),
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com, resp. + 45 70 277 887 to start a claim procedure,
- Contact us regarding potential business collaboration directly (via phone, email), resp. at special events (business cards collection)
We refer to the above-mentioned products and services collectively as the “Services.”
We obtain information about you through the means discussed below when we provide the Services. Please note that we need certain types of information so that we can provide the Services to you. If you do not provide us with such information, or ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use our Services.
Information you provide to us
MIIEGO collects a variety of information that you provide directly to us such as:
- Processing your orders,
- Requests or questions you submit to us via online forms or email,
- Your communication and dealing with us (including on our websites, at special events, over the phone, on third-party social media sites, or email),
- Uploads or posts to the Services
- Requests for customer support and technical assistance
While some of the Services may not require you to provide any information that can directly identify you by name, the specific types of information we collect will depend upon the Services you use, how you use them, and the information you choose to provide. The types of data we collect directly from you includes:
- Name, address, telephone number and email address (and company name, address, contact information, and other company details),
- Billing information, such as shipping address, credit or debit card number, verification number, and expiration date,
- Information about purchases or other transactions with us,
- Information about your customer service and maintenance interactions with us,
- Demographic information such as your gender,
- User-generated content you post under #miiego resp. #TeamMIIEGO (e.g. the MIIEGO Social Media Community),
- Any other information you choose to directly provide to MIIEGO in connection with your use of the Services,
- Information about others. If you request that your MIIEGO purchase is to be shipped to someone other than yourself (such as a gift recipient), we use the information you provide about the other person to fulfil the shipment.
Information we collect through automated means
When you use our Services, we collect certain information as described in this Section. As discussed further below, we and our service providers (which are third party companies that work on our behalf – such as marketing agencies, etc.), may use a variety of technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.
- Website: when you use our websites, we collect and analyse information such as your IP address, browser types, browser language, operating system, the state or country from which you accessed the Services, software and hardware attributes (including device IDs) referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, files you download, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the terms you use in searches on our sites, the date and time you used the Services and upload or post content, error logs, and other similar information.
Information we collect through Social Media and other content platforms
When you “like” or “follow” us on Facebook, Instagram, or other social media sites, we may collect some information from you including your name, email address, and any comments or content you post relevant to us. We also collect your information if you sign up for one of our promotions or submit information to us through social media sites.
Information we collect from others
- MIIEGO may receive additional information such as demographic and statistical information from third parties, such as business partners, marketers, researchers, analysts, and other parties that we may attribute to you based on your assignment to certain statistical groups. We use this information to supplement the information that we collect directly from you in order to derive your possible interests and to provide more relevant experiences for you with the MIIEGO brand and improve MIIEGO products, analytics, advertising.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
In general, we use your information for the following purposes:
- Complete a purchase, including invoicing and accounting,
- Respond and deal with your customer service request,
- Provide you with information about products you have purchased from us,
- Contact you by email, postal mail, or phone regarding MIIEGO products, offering, other subjects that we think may be of interest to you,
- Customize the advertising and content you see,
- Customize the content we provide on the Services,
- Help us better understand your interests and needs,
- Engage in analysis, research, and reports regarding use of our Services,
- Secure our websites,
- Comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations which apply to us where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others,
- Establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
Aggregate/Anonymous Data. We may aggregate and/or anonymize any information collected through the Services so that such information can no longer be linked to you. We may use Aggregate/Anonymous Information for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes, and may also share such data with any third parties, including advertisers, promotional partners, and sponsors.
LEGAL BASIS FOR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- Where use of your information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others (for example, to provide security for our websites, products, operate our business and our Services; make and receive payments; comply with legal requirements and defend our legal rights; prevent fraud and to know the customer to whom we are providing Services).
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
To collect the information in the “Information We Automatically Collect” section above, we and our service providers use Internet server logs, cookies, tags, SDKs, tracking pixels, and other similar tracking technologies. We use these technologies to offer you a more tailored experience in the future, by understanding and remembering your particular browsing preferences.
*Please note that you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information (e.g., Internet Explorer; Google Chrome; Mozilla Firefox; or Apple Safari). You can also manage the use of Flash technologies, including flash cookies and local storage objects with the Flash management tools available at Adobe’s website.
ONLINE ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISING
- We use third-party web analytics services (such as those of Google Analytics) on our Services to collect and analyse usage information through cookies and similar tools; engage in auditing, research, or reporting; assist with fraud prevention; and provide certain features to you. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here.
- If you receive email (newsletter) from us, we may use certain analytics tools to capture data such as when you open our message or click on any links or banners our email contains. This data allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our communications and marketing campaigns.
- The Services may integrate third-party advertising technologies that allow for the delivery of relevant content and advertising on the Services, as well as on other websites you visit and other applications you use. The ads may be based on various factors such as the content of the page you are visiting, information you enter such as your age and gender, your searches, demographic data, user-generated content, and other information we collect from you. These ads may be based on your current activity or your activity over time and across other websites and online services and may be tailored to your interests.
- Third parties, whose products or services are accessible or advertised via the Services, may also place cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, mobile phone, or other device to collect information about you as discussed above. MIIEGO also allow other third parties (e.g., ad networks and ad servers such as Google Analytics, Facebook, and others) to serve tailored ads to you on social media, other sites, and in other applications, and to access their own cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, mobile phone, or other device you use to access the Services.
*Please note that if you exercise the opt out choices above, you will still see advertising when you use the Services, but it will not be tailored to you based on your online behaviour over time.
When using mobile applications, you may also receive tailored in-application advertisements. We may use third-party service providers to deliver advertisements on mobile applications or for mobile application analytics. Each operating system, iOS for Apple phones, Android for Android devices, and Windows for Microsoft devices provides its own instructions on how to prevent the delivery of tailored in-application advertisements. We do not control how the applicable platform operator allows you to control receiving personalized in-application advertisements; thus, you should contact the platform provider for further details on opting out of tailored in-application advertisements. You may review the support materials and/or the device settings for the respective operating systems to opt-out of tailored in-app advertisements.
HOW WE SHARE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
MIIEGO will share your information in the following ways:
We may share information we collect with our MIIEGO business partners (e.g, MIIEGO’s distributors) to deliver products and services to you, ensure a consistent level of service across our products and Services, and enhance our products, services, and your customer experience.
We provide access to or share your information with selected third parties who perform services on our behalf. They have access to perform these services but are prohibited from using your information for other purposes. They provide a variety of services to us, including billing, sales, marketing, advertising, analytics, research, customer service, shipping and fulfillment, data storage, security, fraud prevention, payment processing, and legal services. Such parties currently include delivery solution providers like Pakkelabels.dk, and their delivery providers like GLS, PostNord, DAO, etc.
Protection of MIIEGO and Others.
We may use information collected from monitoring our websites, online services and emails to protect you, and our employees and our partners. This information may be passed on to the police or to other appropriate authorities if needed. By using our websites and online services, you expressly consent to this.
As we continue to develop our business, we may buy, merge, or partner with other companies. In such transactions, (including in contemplation of such transactions) user information may be among the transferred assets. If a portion or all of MIIEGO’s assets are sold or transferred to a third-party, customer information (including your email address) would likely be one of the transferred business assets. If such transfer is subject to additional mandatory restrictions under applicable laws, MIIEGO will comply with such restrictions.
Certain features of our Services make it possible for you to share comments publicly with other users. Any information that you submit through such features is not confidential, and MIIEGO may use it for any purpose (including in testimonials or other marketing materials). For example, if you submit a product review on one of our Social Media accounts, we may display your review (along with the name provided, if any) on other MIIEGO websites and on third-party websites. Any information you post openly in these ways will be available to the public at large and potentially accessible through third-party search engines.
RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We keep your information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collect and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws.
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS AND YOUR CHOICES
You have certain rights with respect to your information as further described in this section.
Access to Your Information and Your Legal Rights
If you would like a copy of the personal information that we store about you in our customer databases, please contact us using the details given in the “Contact us” section below. You may be asked to provide some proof of identification so that we can verify that it is you making the request.
This is in addition to your legal rights, including the right to access a copy of your personal information, the right to request the deletion or updating of any inaccurate personal data and the right to object, in some cases, to our processing of your personal data. You can exercise these rights by contacting us using the details given in the “Contact us” section below.
If you are concerned that we have not complied with your legal rights or applicable privacy laws, you may contact your local data protection authority.
Marketing Communications and Sharing
Cross-device Tracking Opt-Out
If you wish to opt out of cross device tracking for purposes of interest-based advertising, you may do so through your Android or Apple device-based settings.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND FEATURES
YOU need to be 18 years or older to order on our website. We do not knowingly seek or collect personal information from or about children without the consent of a parent or guardian.
If MIIEGO becomes aware that personal information that has been submitted to relates to a child without the consent of a parent or guardian, MIIEGO will use reasonable efforts to:
- Delete that personal information from its files as soon as possible,
- Ensure, where deletion is not possible, that this personal information is not used further for any purpose, nor disclosed further to any third party,
- Any parent or guardian with queries regarding our processing of personal information relating to their child should contact us using the details provided in the “Contact us” section.
If applicable, you may make a complaint to the data protection supervisory authority in the country where you are based. Alternatively, you may seek a remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been breached.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
MIIEGO takes technical and organizational security measures to protect your information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access.
We take the number of steps to protect your information from unauthorized access, use or alteration and unlawful destruction, including where appropriate:
- Using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive information, such as credit card details (SSL encryption is designed to make the data unreadable by anyone but us)
- Limiting access to the information we collect about you (for instance, only those of our personnel who need your information to carry out our business activities are allowed access)
- Putting in place physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in line with industry standards
However, no method of transmission over the internet, and no means of electronic or physical storage, is totally secure. As such, you acknowledge and accept that we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to, through, or on our Services or via the Internet and that any such transmission is at your own risk.
MIIEGO CONTACT INFORMATION
 As stated below in the section “The Information we collect” – accessing the website, buying MIIEGO products, engaging with local MIIEGO Social Media accounts, contacting our distribution partner regarding customer service issues, contacting our distribution partner regarding potential distribution in the area,
 We cooperate with chosen markets on online campaigns, thus it is a MIIEGO international employee who has limited access to the information on these sites as well.
 A MIIEGO International employee has access to see your personal information after placing the order. However, we are not able to manipulate or further proceed with this information. It is in full the local distributor responsibility to do that.
 Applicable towards our business partners (potential, current and/or future).
 Applicable to MIIEGO Business partners
 Applicable to our Business Partners only,
MIIEGO A/S (hereinafter as MIIEGO) is the owner and company responsible for the website miiego.com. MIIEGO® is a registered trademark. MIIEGO A/S is a Danish company with head office in Padborg, Denmark.
This policy explains the technologies that we may put in place to collect information about the use of our website and email communication. These technologies are used by almost every website and are contained in almost every commercial email communication sent via the Internet and are known as “cookies” and “web beacons”.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier. Cookies may be sent to your browser when you visit our website. They are stored by your web browser on your device.
Some cookies are only stored for the duration of your visit to our website. These cookies are known as session cookies. Others, known as persistent cookies, may remain stored on your computer after your visit and may be accessed by our website every time you re-visit our website.
Some cookies that are stored when you visit our website may be stored and accessed by other companies.
- Where we use an advertising partner, that advertising partner may store and access its own cookies in order that we and they can target adverts to you about the MIIEGO products you have been browsing on our websites.
How MIIEGO uses the information we collect?
- Essential cookies. We may use essential cookies in order to enable you to receive the services that you request via our website. Without these cookies, services that you have asked for cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies. We may use performance cookies that collect information about how our website, advertisements and email communication are used and to flag to us if an error occurs. These cookies may be used to collect quite detailed technical information such as the last visited website, the number of pages visited, whether or not email communication is opened, which parts of our website or email communication are clicked on, and the length of time between clicks etc. While this information may be associated with details such as your IP address, domain or browser information, it is analyzed only in general aggregate with information from other users and not in a way that would directly identify you.
- Referral cookies. We may access referral cookies that are sent to your device by the websites of our business partners. These cookies are used to identify each time our business partners refer someone to our website and whether or not that person’s visit results in the purchase of a MIIEGO product. This information may be disclosed to our business partners, but only in an anonymous manner and not in a way that would directly identify you. We use this information to meet our contractual obligations to our business partners and to assist our business partners to improve the effectiveness of their websites.
- Functional cookies. We may use functional cookies that are not essential but enable various helpful features on our websites.
- Targeting or advertising cookies. These may be used on our websites to deliver advertisements and to contact you with marketing communication that is more relevant to you and your interests. These cookies may collect quite detailed information about your browsing habits across our website (such as which products and services you have clicked on). They may also be used to recognize when you re-visit our website and/or visit a website that is part of one of our advertising partner’s network.
Third party cookies.
Web beacons, also known as single pixel or clear gif technology, or action tags, may be used on our websites and in our communication. This technology tells us which visitors clicked on key elements (such as links or graphics) on a web page or email. When you ask us to send you promotional information or a newsletter, we may use web beacons to track which emails are opened. We use this information to optimize our content, services and communication.
Web beacons usually function with cookies and can be turned off by disabling. Some email software and web browsers can also be configured to stop pictures being downloaded automatically. This will also prevent the web beacon from functioning until you decide to download the pictures.
You can always disable cookies in your browser. Below is how to prevent new cookies from being installed and how to delete existing cookies. The exact procedure depends on which browser you are using.
To prevent new cookies from being installed and delete existing cookies:
To prevent new cookies from being installed:
To delete existing cookies:
To prevent new cookies from being installed and delete existing cookies:
To prevent new cookies from being installed and delete existing cookies: